While working away at one of the several things I’m preparing for you guys (I hope to be ready to announce it soon), I did make progress on the embroidered shoulder pieces for the Róza blouse. In fact, I’m all done with the embroidery. As soon as I get a chance, I’ll sew up the whole blouse and post the pattern for you to download and stitch up. It’s nothing complicated – just a kind of stippling pattern with a few swirls and points that you can complete with a regular chain stitch. Which is what I did, except I did it with a tambour needle (you absolutely do not have to!). Here’s what it looks like right now:
I used this cotton voile (right from the Kate & Rose shop), and you can sort of make out that the two embroidered areas are the tops of the shoulder pieces of the Róza pattern. I used Valdani #8 perle cotton in Mulberry Grape, a stunning variegated thread I’m kind of in love with.